25 Aug Yoga for SI Joint & Low Back Pain Workshop
- October 12, 2019
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday October 12th 3:00-5:00pm
If you experience regular low back pain or have been told that your SI Joint is the problem and want to learn a yoga approach that can change your pain and help you feel more resilient and strong again this is the workshop for you!
The SI (or sacroiliac) joints are where your spine (at the sacrum) and your pelvis connect. These joints are commonly stated to have slipped out of place or be out of whack (usually on one side) and responsible for low back pain, especially during pregnancy. It is a common sore spot for regular yoga practitioners also and we’re told not to practice twists, asymmetrical postures or one-legged poses for fear we may aggravate it. Unfortunately a lot of this advice comes from a misunderstanding of the biomechanics of the SI joint AND from a misunderstanding of the origins of pain. And more often than not all this fear surrounding the “fragility” of the SI joint and fear of movement with low back pain is prolonging recovery from pain. If you’re ready for a new understanding of the SI joint and management of low back pain sign up for this workshop!
This workshop will include education, as well as breath, awareness, movement and strength yoga practices to help you re-connect with the strength of your lower back, feel more confident about movement again and find ways to reduce pain.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE:
- Develop a new understanding of the mechanics of the SI joint
- Begin to understand how you can change your pain
- Learn Pain Care Yoga Therapy techniques that can change your experience of pain
- Practice yoga, breath and movement practices to develop an awareness of the low back, hips and pelvis (the areas around the SI joint)
- Discover progressions you can work with at home to continue to improve your resilience
- Massage Therapists, Yoga, Pilates and other Movement Teachers will gain new insights and perspectives on the mechanics of the SI joint and pain responses.
* Those with a Fall All Class Pass receive 15% off. Email Jennifer(at)reposelifestyle.com to register.
**Please note ourRefund Policy before purchase.
Venue: RePose Studio