01 Sep Upper Back & Shoulders Workshop
- October 15, 2017
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday October 15th 1:00-4:00pm
This workshop is aIl about the upper body – upper back, shoulders, and neck! If you carry a lot of tension in your upper body, suffer from back pain, neck pain or headaches, sit at a desk, feel like you’re constantly in a “hunched” position, have been told you have swayback, or are a nursing mama, this workshop is for you!
Many of us are walking around with hidden kyphosis and we don’t even know it! The good news is bringing a greater awareness to our habitual posture and movement habits can bring about change! Through the use of yoga therapy and restorative exercise techniques this workshop will help you discover how your body alignment (posture) and movement habits affect your back, neck and shoulders. You’ll learn how to activate the muscles along your spine for greater spinal mobility and you’ll learn the difference between spinal mobility and “faking it” by mobilizing your ribcage. Leave the workshop with a greater freedom of movement through your upper body and perhaps even feeling a little bit taller!
This recent blog post explains some of the mechanics in the upper back and why pulling your shoulders back is NOT a great idea. You’ll learn plenty more about this in the workshop!
Learn how to drop your ribs, release your psoas muscles and activate the muscles along your spine!
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE:
- Learn why standing up straight, pulling your shoulders back, and squeezing your shoulder blades together might be causing you more harm than good and what you should do instead
- Measure the extent of your hyperkyphosis before and after the workshop (you’ll notice a difference)
- Experience how to release your psoas muscles to get more freedom of movement
- Improve mobility through your thoracic (upper) spine by learning how to activate the muscles along your spine
- Stretch, strengthen and massage (with Yoga Tune-Up Balls) your upper body and shoulders
- Learn simple daily techniques you can do at your desk or home to keep your shoulders and spine moving well
- Massage Therapists, Yoga, Pilates and other Movement Teachers will gain new insights and perspectives on the mechanics of the upper body and on evaluating a person’s kyphosis and swayback
*Please note our Refund Policy before purchase.
Venue: RePose Studio